Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"Saint Clair not only won the prize for Wine Company of the Year for best overall performance in the tastings, but its chief winemaker Matt Thomson was named Winemaker of the Year for the second time in three years."
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 19 Bird Block Sauvignon Blanc 2009
- Champion Sauvignon Blanc and New Zealand Wine Cellars Spence Brothers Trophy: Bragato Wine Awards 2009
- Gold: Liquorland International Wine Competition 2010 NZ
- Elite Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2009
- Gold: NZ International Wine Show 2009
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards
- 90 points: Wine & Spirits Magazine USA - Issue Feb 2011
- 3 ½ Stars: Winestate Magazine Special Edition 2009
Starts off with some slightly fumé-like aromas, but soon settles down to an easy mix of celery and tomato leaf and ripe stone fruit. It’s plump and even a bit oily in texture, with a long, clinging finish of honey and green leafiness. —J.C. Wine Enthusiast (Sept Issue 2010).