Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"Every single Sauvignon Blanc this company makes is delicious."
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 18 Snap Block Sauvignon Blanc 2008
- Trophy Champion Sauvignon Blanc: Tri Nations Wine Challenge 2009
- Gold: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2008 , Royal NZ Show
- Gold: San Francisco International Wine Competition 2009
- Gold: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2009 - NZ
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2008
- Silver: International Wines & Spirits Competition, 2008
- Silver: The New Zealand International Wine Show 2008
- Silver: Liquorland Top 100 2008
- Silver: International Wine Challenge 2009 - UK
- Bronze: Decanter World Wine Awards 2009
- Bronze: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2008 - NZ
- Bronze: Indian Wine Challenge 2008 - India
- 5 Stars: Winestate Special Edition 2008
- 93 points: Taste NZ Magazine 2008 - 31st December
- 91 points: Wine Spectator 03/09 USA
- 3 Stars: Cuisine Magazine 2009 January Issue 132
- 3 Stars: Winestate Magazine 2009 March/April
I found the 2008 vintage Saint Clair Snap Block Sauvignon Blanc to have a wonderful bouquet of passionfruit, grapefruit and blackcurrant. The palate had the same presence of blackcurrant and passionfruit in a vibrant mix, with underlying mineral and savoury notes. The finish is long and lingering.
I would recommend trying the 2008 Saint Clair Snap Block Sauvignon Blanc with poached salmon or a seafood salad. .
Stephen Clark, The Weekly Wine Review, www.tstnz.com 2009
"Another good one", noted one panellist. Very pretty and powerful wine with full-on tropical richness evident on both nose and palate. Will improve even further with some age."
Winestate Annual Edition, 2009
"Wonderfully delicate and tantalisingly complex"
Bob Campbell, MW, Taste, Dec 2008