Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
The 2010 Pinot Noirs were outstanding with Saint Clair leading the way with no less than 4 Top Tip Awards. .....All of the Saint Clair Top Tip winners came from their Pioneer Block range and we would suggest that you can't go wrong with any wine from this range but that our favourite was Block 16 Awatere Pinot Noir.
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 5 Bull Block Pinot Gris 2007
- Gold: Bragato Wine Awards
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2008
- Silver: Royal Easter Wine Show 2008
- Silver: International Aromatic Wine Competition, 2007
- Silver: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2007
- Bronze: International Wines & Spirit Competition 2008 - London
- Bronze: Liquorland Top 100 International Wine Competition 2008 - NZ
- Bronze: Decanter World Wine Awards 2009
- 5 Stars: Gourmet Traveller Wine Magazine Dec/Jan 2009
- 4 Stars: Cuisine Magazine, November 2008
- 89 points: Robert Parker Wine Advocate USA 2008 Issue 176
- 3 ½ Stars: Marlborough Regional Tasting Winestate Magazine - Michael Cooper 2009 March/April
- 100 Top New Releases: Gourmet Traveller Magazine, Bob Campbell M.W. 2008 Dec/Jan
- Commended: International Wine Challenge 2008 - London
"Quite an internse wine with lovely fruit purity and flavours suggesting honeysuckle, pear, ripe apple and spice. The wine has a great balance and an ethereal texture with a gentle and nearly dry finish"
Huon Hooke, Bob Campbell MW, Gourmet Traveller, Dec/Jan 2009
"Is a late-harvest style, sweet with lashings of rich, juicy tropical fruit - pawpaw, mango, rip peach. Just the thing to have with a fruit salad or strawberries or ripe cheese."
Charmian Smith, Otago Daily Times, 23 January 2008
"...it's definitely at the sweeter end of the spectrum - so if you've found pinot gris a tad dry in the past, this will put a smile on your smacker. Deliciously ripe and spicy and fantastic with thai chicken salad."
Yvonne-Marie Lorkin, Manawatu Standard, 9 February 2008