Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"very user-friendly wines and the sort you could safely order at dinner or take along to a bbq knowing that most people are going to like them."
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 5 Bull Block Pinot Gris 2007
- Gold: Bragato Wine Awards
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2008
- Silver: Royal Easter Wine Show 2008
- Silver: International Aromatic Wine Competition, 2007
- Silver: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2007
- Bronze: International Wines & Spirit Competition 2008 - London
- Bronze: Liquorland Top 100 International Wine Competition 2008 - NZ
- Bronze: Decanter World Wine Awards 2009
- 5 Stars: Gourmet Traveller Wine Magazine Dec/Jan 2009
- 4 Stars: Cuisine Magazine, November 2008
- 89 points: Robert Parker Wine Advocate USA 2008 Issue 176
- 3 ½ Stars: Marlborough Regional Tasting Winestate Magazine - Michael Cooper 2009 March/April
- 100 Top New Releases: Gourmet Traveller Magazine, Bob Campbell M.W. 2008 Dec/Jan
- Commended: International Wine Challenge 2008 - London
"Quite an internse wine with lovely fruit purity and flavours suggesting honeysuckle, pear, ripe apple and spice. The wine has a great balance and an ethereal texture with a gentle and nearly dry finish"
Huon Hooke, Bob Campbell MW, Gourmet Traveller, Dec/Jan 2009
"Is a late-harvest style, sweet with lashings of rich, juicy tropical fruit - pawpaw, mango, rip peach. Just the thing to have with a fruit salad or strawberries or ripe cheese."
Charmian Smith, Otago Daily Times, 23 January 2008
"...it's definitely at the sweeter end of the spectrum - so if you've found pinot gris a tad dry in the past, this will put a smile on your smacker. Deliciously ripe and spicy and fantastic with thai chicken salad."
Yvonne-Marie Lorkin, Manawatu Standard, 9 February 2008