Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"Saint Clair not only won the prize for Wine Company of the Year for best overall performance in the tastings, but its chief winemaker Matt Thomson was named Winemaker of the Year for the second time in three years."
Awards & Accolades
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2007
- Trophy: Christchurch Casino First Taste Sauvignon Blanc Awards 2007
- NZ Sauvignon Blanc Trophy: Decanter World Wine Awards, London 2008
- Trophy Champion Sauvignon Blanc: Liquorland Top 100, 2007
- Gold: Liquorland Top 100 International Wine Competition 2007
- Gold: Old Ebbit Grill Competition 2007
- Gold: The New Zealand International Wine Show 2007
- Silver: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2007
- Bronze: The International Wine and Spirit Competition 2007
- Bronze: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2007
- 5 Stars: Winestate Magazine 2007
- 5 Stars: Wine Orbit Review, September 2007
- 4 Stars: Cuisine Magazine 2007
- 89 points: Steven Tanzer's Internatinal Wine Cellar Sept/Oct 08 USA
- 89 points: Top Value 2008 Wine Spectator Jan/Feb 09 USA
- 88 points: Rober Parker's The Wine Advocate 04/08
"Intense passionfruit bouquet, juicy ripe fruit with passionfruit and nettley flavours and some minerality, The acidity is fresh and tingling and the balance and concentration are good."
Graeme Barrow, Northern Advocate, 28 July 2007
"Stand back when you open this, because the aromas spring from the bottle the moment the cap is unscrewed - you can actually detect the wine across a small room."
Michael Hooper, Viva FM Network, July 2007
"The first of the new season's wine has arrived and shows all the promise expected of the 2007 vintage. Crisp sweet citrus and herbs youthfully and full of promise..."
Glenda Neil, www.vinote.com, 8 August 2007
"This sauvignon is chock-full of that green, grassy goodness that I love, and if this is any indication of what 07 was like for Marlborough sauvignon - bring it on."
Yvonne-Marie Lorkin, Manawatu Standard, 4 August 2007
"Crammed with vibrantly aromatic passionfruit and gooseberry and lime on the nose, the aroma is reminiscent of last year's stunning Block 6. It's light lemon gold in colour and juicy and zesty in the palate with vibrant fruit, sweet pea, summer herbs and a powerful, pungent, tangy finish."
Sue Courtney www.wineoftheweek.com