Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
So far, the 2011s show plenty of promise and some pretty terrific wines and values. At the top of the list, not surprisingly, is Saint Clair. Saint Clair winemaker Matt Thomson is passionate about Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, and he's exploring the region in depth with the Pioneer Block series, which focuses on select parcels and vineyard sites. I like those wines very much but the reserve bottling is truly the standout - aromatic and elegant, and wonderfully delicious.
Awards & Accolades
Marlborough Merlot 2006
- Silver: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2007
- Bronze: New World Wine Awards 2007
- Bronze: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2007
- Bronze: Liquorland Top 100 International Wine Competition 2007
- Bronze: The New Zealand International Wine Show 2007
- 4 Stars: Cuisine Magazine, September 2007
- 3 ½ Stars: Winestate Magazine - Michael Cooper, May/June 2007
- 3 ½ Stars: Wine Orbit Review, September 2007
"Saint Clair Marlborough Merlot 2006 has plum, bery and mushroom aromas and flavours. It's smooth and soft, with light tannins..."
Graeme Barrow, Wanganui Chronicle, 30 June 2007