Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"Saint Clair now makes the country’s and perhaps the world’s best
Sauvignon Blanc. Saint Clair has won more top awards for Sauvignon
Blanc in recent years than any of the three or four hundred other local
producers. Although Sauvignon Blanc is clearly Saint Clair’s
signature wine it has also earned trophies for Chardonnay, Merlot,
Pinot Noir, and Riesling over the same period."
Awards & Accolades
Rapaura Reserve Merlot 2006
- Trophy Classical Red Wine: Bragato Wine Awards 2008
- Elite Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2007
- Gold: Bragato Wine Awards 2008
- Silver: The New Zealand International Wine Show 2007
- 4 ½ Stars: Wine Orbit Review, September 2007
- 4 Stars: Cuisine Magazine, September 2007
"The taste is savoury, peppery and there's some lovely smoky oak. We can see why this merlot walked away with gold."
Deborah Walton and Peter Morice, Timaru Herald, 9 January 2008
"The saint Clair Rapaura Reserve merlot is obviously not the company's entry level merlot. It's similar, but more concentrated, smooth and balanced with light tannins..."
Graeme Barrow, Wanganui Chronicle, 30 June 2006