Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
The 2010 Pinot Noirs were outstanding with Saint Clair leading the way with no less than 4 Top Tip Awards. .....All of the Saint Clair Top Tip winners came from their Pioneer Block range and we would suggest that you can't go wrong with any wine from this range but that our favourite was Block 16 Awatere Pinot Noir.
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 6 Oh! Block Sauvignon Blanc 2006
- Trophy Champion Sauvignon Blanc: New Zealand International Wine Competition 2006
- Trophy Best Wine in the Show: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2006
- Trophy Best Sauvignon Blanc: International Aromatic Wine Competiton 2006
- Gold: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2006
- Gold: Casino First Taste Sauvignon Blanc Awards 2006
- Gold: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2007
- Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Gold: New Zealand International Wine Show 2006
- 5 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
- 5 Stars: Bob Campbell, Gourmet Traveller Wine, Dec/Jan 2007
- 4 ½ Stars: Cuisine Magazine New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc Tasting 2007
"Explosive tomato stalk and watercress, moist, grassy compost, passionfruit, peapods and lime. It tastes like a lime-soaked fruit salad on a bed of green herbs intensely crisp and flavoursome with power, length and attitude. If I were a millionaire nutcase I'd probably bathe in this."
Yvonne Lorkin, Manawatu Standard, 20 Januray 2007
"This powerful Sauvignon Blanc has intense concentration and complexity. The passion fruit and white currant notes mingle with a mineral and nettley intensity that gives the palate a concentration that lasts and lasts. Marvellous Sauvignon Blanc!"
Raymond Chan, Grapevine Extra, 28 November 2006
"Powerful wine with strong passionfruit and armpit/matchstick characters. A suggestion of sweetness is perfectly balanced by tangy acidity."
Bob Campbell MW, Gourmet Traveller Wine, Dec/Jan 2007
"A mouthfilling, very generous wine with an oily texture and smooth, ripe, tropical-fruit flavours, crisp and rich."
Michael Cooper, John Belsham, Simon Waghorn, Cuisine January 2007