Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"Clair Family Estate now sits alongside Villa Maria as one of New Zealand’s most awarded wineries. And it’s nice to know it’s still New Zealand family-owned."
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 7 Rowberry Sauvignon Blanc 2006
- Gold: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2006
- Gold: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2007
- Gold: New Zealand International Wine Show 2006
- Silver: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Silver: Decanter World Wine Awards, London 2007
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2006
- Bronze: Royal Hobart International Wine Show 2006
- 5 Stars: Bob Campbell, Gourmet Traveller Wine, Dec/Jan 2007
- 4 ½ Stars: Cuisine Magazine NZ Sauvignon Blanc Tasting 2007
- 4 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
- 92 points: Wine Spectator 2007
- 89 points: Wine Enthusiast, March 2007
- 89 points: International Wine Cellar, Stephen Tanzer, USA 2007
"Best of show (NZ Wine Showcase, Seattle). Lime, rock, tropical fruits, plenty of depth and detail."
Paul Gregutt, www.seattletimes.nwsource.com, 18 April 2007
"I like the wine's deceptively low-key introduction, which contrasts with its climatic finish. A ripe style with plenty of passionfruit, lemongrass and red-capsicum flavours."
Bob Campbell MW, Gourmet Traveller Wine, Dec/Jan 2007
"Showing a slightly oily richness, this is one of the driest wines in the Pioneer Block range. It's creamy-smooth with deliciously ripe, tropical-fruit flavours and a minerally thread."
Michael Cooper, John Belsham, Simon Waghorn, Cuisine January 2007