Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
The 2010 Pinot Noirs were outstanding with Saint Clair leading the way with no less than 4 Top Tip Awards. .....All of the Saint Clair Top Tip winners came from their Pioneer Block range and we would suggest that you can't go wrong with any wine from this range but that our favourite was Block 16 Awatere Pinot Noir.
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 3 '43' Degrees Sauvignon Blanc 2006
- Gold: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2007
- Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Gold: International Wine Challenge, London 2007
- Gold: Liquorland International Top 100 Wine Competition 2006
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2006
- Silver: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2006
- Bronze: NZ International Wine Show 2006
- 4 ½ Stars: Cuisine Magazine NZ Sauvignon Blanc Tasting 2007
- 4 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
- 89 points: Wine Spectactor Magazine USA, April 2007
"Green spectrum flavours of gooseberry, herbs, capsicum and beans fill the palate with a slightly earthy undercurrent, a touch of spice, a toastiness to the finish and a ripe, pungent, quintessential sauvignon blanc aftertaste."
Sue Courtney's Blog of Vinous Ramblings, http://www.wineoftheweek.com, March 2007
"Brash and lively with clean lime, anise and mineral flavours."
The New York Times, 27 June 2007
"Sweaty", spicy aromas and fresh, rich melon and gree-capsicum flavours that linger well."
Michael Cooper, John Belsham, Simon Waghorn, Cuisine January 2007