Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"Clair Family Estate now sits alongside Villa Maria as one of New Zealand’s most awarded wineries. And it’s nice to know it’s still New Zealand family-owned."
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 3 '43' Degrees Sauvignon Blanc 2006
- Gold: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2007
- Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Gold: International Wine Challenge, London 2007
- Gold: Liquorland International Top 100 Wine Competition 2006
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2006
- Silver: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2006
- Bronze: NZ International Wine Show 2006
- 4 ½ Stars: Cuisine Magazine NZ Sauvignon Blanc Tasting 2007
- 4 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
- 89 points: Wine Spectactor Magazine USA, April 2007
"Green spectrum flavours of gooseberry, herbs, capsicum and beans fill the palate with a slightly earthy undercurrent, a touch of spice, a toastiness to the finish and a ripe, pungent, quintessential sauvignon blanc aftertaste."
Sue Courtney's Blog of Vinous Ramblings, http://www.wineoftheweek.com, March 2007
"Brash and lively with clean lime, anise and mineral flavours."
The New York Times, 27 June 2007
"Sweaty", spicy aromas and fresh, rich melon and gree-capsicum flavours that linger well."
Michael Cooper, John Belsham, Simon Waghorn, Cuisine January 2007