Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
The single vineyard ‘Pioneer Block’ wines of Saint Clair require separate handling, the winery using 250 small tanks to manage this. The amount of detail for winemakers Matt Thomson and Hamish Clark and their team is considerable, but the result is a fascinating range of wines that express their origin and site. In essence Saint Clair is bottling ‘terroir’ for keen wine enthusiasts to ponder and enjoy. The quality per se of the ‘Pioneer Block’ wines has been extremely high as well, reflecting the identification of superior as well as individual vineyards by Saint Clair’s owner Neal Ibbotson.
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 2 Swamp Block Sauvignon Blanc 2006
- Trophy Champion Sauvignon Blanc: Liquorland International Top 100 2006
- Trophy Best Wine in the Show: Liquorland International Top 100 2006
- Gold: Liquorland International Top 100 2006
- Gold: Bragato Wine Awards 2006
- Silver: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Bronze: Decanter World Wine Awards, London 2007
- Bronze: NZ International Wine Show 2006
- 4 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
M2 Magazine, 29 February 2007
"Powerful aromas of crushed nettles, squeezed limes, passionfruit sorbet, gooseberries and lemonade - and guess what? It tastes the same."
Yvonne-Marie Lorkin, Hawkes Bay Today, 7 April 2007
(Tank Sample) “A more refined nose, elegant, with delicacy and proportion. Elegant, refined and tight on the palate. Less rich and pungent, yet full of flavour."
Raymond Chan, regionalwines.co.nz, 29 June 2006