Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
"Saint Clair now makes the country’s and perhaps the world’s best
Sauvignon Blanc. Saint Clair has won more top awards for Sauvignon
Blanc in recent years than any of the three or four hundred other local
producers. Although Sauvignon Blanc is clearly Saint Clair’s
signature wine it has also earned trophies for Chardonnay, Merlot,
Pinot Noir, and Riesling over the same period."
Awards & Accolades
Omaka Reserve Pinot Noir 2005
- Silver: Royal Hobart International Wine Show 2006
- Bronze: NZ International Wine Show 2006
- Bronze: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Bronze: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2007
- 4 ½ Stars: Cuisine NZ Pinot Noir Tasting 2006
- 4 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
- 90 points: Wine Enthusiast Magazine - May 2007
- 89 points: International Wine Cellar, Stephen Tanzer, USA 2007
- 86 points: Wine Spectator Magazine USA, 2007
"Typically Marlborough in style is the Saint Clair Omaka Reserve Pinot Noir 05. It's floral, plummy and savoury, with dried herbs and mushrooms, full-flavoured with firm tannins."
Greame Barrow, Wanganui Chronicle, 20 January 2007
"Here's a wine for those who like oodles of spicy oak. It boisters the peppery, edgy fruit and fills out the palate and lingers on the aftertaste."
Charmain Smith, Otago Daily Times, 2 May 2007
"Fabulous Christmas pork deserves a rich, ripe wine to complement it. Look to this complex pinot with plenty of structure from a very reliable Marlborough producer."
Lauraine Jacobs, Sunday Star Times, 19 November 2006