Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
Wineries whose Pinot Noir impressed me most include...Saint Clair...
Awards & Accolades
Doctors Creek Reserve Pinot Noir 2005
- Blue-Gold Medal and Top 100 Wine: Sydney International Wine Competition 2007
- Silver: Royal Hobart International Wine Show 2006
- Bronze: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Bronze: NZ International Wine Show 2006
- 4 ½ Stars: Cuisine NZ Pinot Noir Tasting 2006
- 91 points: Wine Spectator Magazine USA 2007
- 90 points: Wine Enthusiast Magazine USA - May 2007
- 3 ½ Stars: Recent Releases, Winestate 2006
- 3 ½ Stars: Winestate Marlborough Tasting 2007
"At a recent tasting of pinot noirs this earned the same rataing as a $100-plus from Central Otago, which speaks for itself in terms of value for money. Lots of currants, berries and brambles. Soft and savoury and ready for drinking any time."
Warren Barton's Christmas Wine Guide, The Dominion Post, December 2006
“I’ve always been a fan of this pinot, mainly because it represents such a great value for money. Aromas of currant, cranberry and fresh fungus waft forth from the glass and follow though on the palate in a refreshing, fruit driven style of pinot with a shitake mushroom character to finish. Good persistence of flavour and a winner with herbcrusted veal racks”.
Yvonne Dudman, Hawkes Bay Today, 9 September 2006
“Saint Clair has a dizzying array of sauvignon blancs and pinot noirs but search out this Doctor’s Creek and you won’t be disappointed. It’s a sweet, fruity, upfront pinot noir with lots of oak adding body and smoky flavours”.
Viva Herald, 11 October 2006
"A soft, cuddly quiet red wine from Docotr's Creek vineyard, Marlborough. Fruity and spicy with cherries, plums cinnamon and cloves giving a silken middle palate that hangs in and lasts long."
Roger Ewer, Greymouth Star, 8 November 2006