Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
“This recent success clearly recognises the ability of Saint Clair’s winemaking team, led my Mat Thomson and Hamish Clark, to produce quality wines of world-class excellence – a remarkable achievement for the family-owned Marlborough winery.”
Awards & Accolades
Wairau Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2006
- Trophy Reserve Wine of the Show: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Trophy Champion Sauvignon Blanc: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Wairau Valley Trophy: International Wine Challenge, London 2007
- 5 stars Cuisine and Number 1 of Top 10: Cuisine Magazine NZ Sauvignon Blanc Tasting 2007
- Trophy: Mundus Vini 2007 Best New World White Wine
- Gold: Casino First Taste Sauvignon Blanc Awards 2006
- Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- Gold: New Zealand International Wine Show 2006
- Gold: Bragato Wine Awards 2006
- Gold: International Wine Challenge, London 2007
- Gold: International Aromatic Wine Competition 2006
- Blue Gold: Sydney International Wine Competition 2007
- Silver: Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2007
- Silver: Decanter World Wine Awards, London 2007
- 5 Stars: Restaurant Wine, USA 2007
- 5 Stars: Bob Campbell MW, Gourmet Traveller Wine, Dec/Jan 2007
- 5 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
- 91 points: International Wine Cellar, Stephen Tanzer, USA 2007
- 90 points: Wine & Spirits, USA 2007
- 90 points: Wine Enthusiast, March 2007
- 88 points: Wine Spectator Online, 19 March 2007
"A Kramer wine...It is an austere wine, but has an underlying power and I just cannot look away. I had a second glass, and then a third. A wine that speaks of purity, white snow-capped mountains, with some sprite acidity and lemon on the finish. As Yoda would say, impressive stuff it is."
Lincoln Scott, www.wineorama.com.au 9 January 2007
This wine is ideal for those special occasions when you want to pour a drink that's a cut above.
Timaru Herald, 14 February 2007
"Saint Clair 06 Wairau Reserve deserves its "Reserve" label; its fruit, driven, slightly spicy and warming with excellent balance."
Deborah Walton & Peter Morice, Marlborough Express, 8 February 2007
“It's tangy with a touch of spice, a long dry minerally undercurrent and a hint of toastiness which all comes together gorgeously but it is the flavour and texture that sets this wine apart".
Superbuys and NZ International Wine Show, www.wineshow 15 September 2006
"I’ll sum up the 2006 Wairau Reserve in 10 words: tomato stalk, armpit sweat, hefty herbals, spritzy lime, capsicum. Legend”.
Graeme Barrow, Bay of Plenty Times, 27 November 2006