Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
The Saint Clair Pioneer Block Pinots offer tremendous quality and value.
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 5 Pinot Noir 2005
- Silver: Mondial du Pinot Noir 2006, Switzerland
- Bronze: NZ International Wine Show 2006
- Bronze: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2006
- 5 Stars: Recent Releases, Winestate 2006
- 4 Stars: Winestate - Marlborough Tasting 2007
- 3 ½ Stars: Cuisine New Zealand Pinot Noir Tasting 2006
"Palate is rich, fine-grained, concentrated, the kind of weight thus far more usually associated with Otago, but heavier. Flavours are black cherry and dark plum, carefully oaked."
Geoff Kelly, www.geoffkellywinereviews.co.nz, January 2007
“Full, soft, dense and weighty on palate. Fruit flavours are a little restrained in expression here. But there is real depth and density. A solidly constructed wine".
Raymond Chan, regionalwines.co.nz 29 June 2006
“Sexy, dark-plum colour with aromas of baked srawberries, cedar, anise and red currants that sneak up and surpise. Delicious, savoury earthy characters dwell on the palate leading to complex pinot that’s got great potential.” (4 Stars)
Hawkes Bay Today, 17 June 2006
"Marlborough, plum, cherry and fresh hay nose, plum, cherry and toasty oak flavours. Weighty and warm, still youthful."
Northern Advocate, 15 July 2006