Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
Wineries whose Pinot Noir impressed me most include...Saint Clair...
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 2 Swamp Block Sauvignon Blanc 2005
- 5 Stars Cuisine and Number 3 in Top 10: Cuisine Magazine, January 2006
- Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2005
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2005
- Silver: International Aromatic Wine Competition, Canterbury A&P Show 2005
- 4 Stars: Australian Gourmet Traveller of Wine 2006
- 3 ½ Stars: Winestate 2006
- 3 Stars: Decanter Magazine 2006
- Top 10: NZ Home & Entertaining Magazine 2006
"tastes sweetish (but isn't) and sweaty, with ripe fruit, blackcurrant and passionfruit, with good balance and finish."
Graeme Barrow, Northern Advocate, 13 January 2007
“Wow! Red currant, red capsicum, passionfruit, gooseberry and preserved lemon on the nose and carrying right though to the palate. The acidity is balanced and harmonious and texturally it has a delicious ripe mouthfeel. Loved this wine.” 4-1/2 stars
Hawkes Bay Today, 21 January 2006
"From New Zealand's most decorated sauvignon blanc producer, this new release captures the essence of Marlborough with grapefruit, gooseberry, herbs, capsicum and deliciously pungent tropical fruit. Fantastic on its own or with food."
Sue Courtney, Food Service, 31 December 2005
"Marlborough, big, pungent and flavoursome, blackcurrant, passionfruit and capsicum, with concentrated fruit."
Graeme Barrow, Bay of Plenty Times, 28 December 2005