Join the Saint Clair Wines mailing list
Connect with Saint Clair
Saint Clair Social Media Feeds
The Saint Clair Pioneer Block Pinots offer tremendous quality and value.
Awards & Accolades
Pioneer Block 1 Foundation Sauvignon Blanc 2005
- Gold: Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2005
- Gold: International Wines & Spirits Competition, London 2006
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2005
- Silver: International Wine Challenge, London 2006
- Silver: Bragato Wine Awards 2006
- Bronze: The International Aromatic Wine Competition, Canterbury A & P Show 2005
- Bronze: Decanter World Wine Awards 2006
- 5 Stars: Australian Gourmet Traveller Wine 2006
- 4 ½ Stars: Cuisine Magazine, January 2006
- Top 10: NZ Home & Entertaining Magazine (Bob Campbell MW) 2006
"From a slightly cooler corner of the Lower Wairau Valley, this offering from winemaker Matt Thomson is a serious affair. Pale straw in appearance and as crisp as white linen, with hints of lime and more obvious passionfruit flavours, and a generous finish. Recommended."
Matt Philp, The Press, 6 April 2006
"Intense and pungent, blackcurrant, tomato leaf and gooseberries, ripe fruit, fresh but gentle acidity, good balance."
Graeme Burrow, Northern Advocate, 24 December 2005