Wine Tasting with a Difference 13 January 2010
With New Years’ resolutions made - now is time for you to take action to run the talk. Enter in the 4th annual Saint Clair Half Marathon, taking place on Saturday 8th May 2010 a half marathon with a difference, among the famous grapevines of Marlborough.
This 21km off-road run or walk captures the very essence of the Marlborough valley: vines for miles, stunning scenery, autumn colours and diverse landscapes. Participants will run beside the grapes which make up their favourite wines, such as Saint Clair, Montana, Wairau River Wines, Stoneleigh, Allan Scott and Cloudy Bay.
Rachel Anderson, Event Organiser, comments, “The event has almost doubled in participants every year since the inaugural race in 2007. This is not your typical winery tour! It’s a fun event where you can take in the views while getting great exercise on a course that is suitable for all levels of fitness.”
If the gorgeous Marlborough scenery is not enough, every participant (over 18 years old) will be gifted a bottle of Saint Clair Wine at the finish line, which is conveniently located at the Saint Clair Cellar Door.
Neal Ibbotson, owner of Saint Clair Family Estate comments, “This is a perfect way to take in the stunning local scenery and afterwards rehydrate in style at the Saint Clair Cellar Door and Café tasting the final product from the grapes on the course.”
With entries limited to 1,500 now is the time to reserve your spot!
For further information, maps, and entry forms please visit www.vineyardhalf.com
• 60% entries are from individuals outside Marlborough.
• A specific 16 week programme for walkers and runners has been developed. It’s possible for anyone in reasonable condition to complete (from scratch) given they follow the training programme.
• Most of entrants are women (70%) who like the idea of visiting for the weekend with friends to indulge and enjoy the wines on offer (after they’ve completed the half marathon!).
• It starts and finishes at the Saint Clair Cellar Door and every finisher is rewarded with a bottle of acclaimed Saint Clair Wine.
• Entries are limited to 1,500 participants. It has grown from 200 in 2007, to 700 in 2008, 1200 in 2009 and finally limited to 1500 in 2010 and the future.
For further information please contact Neal Ibbotson on (03) 57 88695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org